Scientific Bioprocessing, Inc. (SBI), a startup company, provides innovative biotechnology tools and resources for the research, industrial, and clinical communities in microbiology, biotechnology, bioprocess engineering or fermentation, and equivalent fields. Our Vision is to become the pre-eminent provider of dynamic sensing and control technologies for the Biotech industry.
You will work closely with current and prospective customers as a trusted advisor to deeply understand their unique company challenges and goals. You will consult with customers to create solutions that will help them reach their R&D/Process Development goals while evangelizing SBI’s vision and account strategies.
What we are looking for
- Demonstrated track record of minimum 3+ years selling products and services into the microbiology, biotechnology, bioprocess engineering or fermentation fields
- A network or experience working with shake flasks, (micro) bioreactors, probes, sensors, software, and strain screening/development processes.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, preferably in relevant scientific discipline or relevant experience in the life science industry.
- Knowledge of the bioprocessing development market with particular emphasis on the sensor technology, data gathering area.
- Ability and desire to learn and articulate technical aspects of SBI’s value propositions.
- Good communications skills and ability to interact with a diverse customer base.
- Ability to discuss prospects and existing clients with senior management and executives.
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with the capacity to understand and articulate primary issues around key process development technology.
- Organizational skills to secure internal support and resources
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated, without the need for significant infrastructure and support, an understanding of the dynamics of small, startup environment with the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with research-driven founders.
Your Main Responsibilities and Deliverables Include, but are not Limited To:
- Managing the end to end sales process through engagement of appropriate resources such as Subject Matter Experts, Consultants, Executive Leadership, Marketing, Lead Generation etc.
- Build market awareness and create new sales, successfully positioning the company’s strategy, vision, and market leadership with key business executives and functional decision-makers in all customers and prospects.
- Manage industry events and working groups to generate market interest.
- Remain current on relevant industry and internal company products, pricing, markets, plans and developments.
- Seek and provide customer and market awareness to SBI’s marketing team including presenting opportunities for evaluation that could expand the company’s market and product reach.
- Create and maintain a sales pipeline to ensure over-achievement selling SBI’s range of products and future go to market technologies.
- Maintaining a long-term perspective to maximize overall revenue generation while being able to generate short term results
What’s in it for you
- You will be part of an exciting new chapter in SBI’s history with high growth and opportunities to progress in Senior and Leadership positions within the company.
- Work in an environment designed for an entrepreneurial-minded person with a lot of energy, ideas, and courage for their implementation
- Freedom to design and own your go-to-market strategy and leverage the best and brightest minds in the industry.
Key Attributes for Success
· Action Oriented: Passionate, enjoy hard work, full of energy, driven, opportunistic, not fearful of acting
· Customer Focus: Dedicated to uncovering customer needs and filling those needs, whether SBI can fill those needs. Act with customer in mind. Establish quick and lasting relationships
· Creative: Come up with new ideas, brainstorm and value add
· Ethics and Values: Driven by deep core values of doing what’s right. Reward the right behavior and call out poor behavior
· Integrity and Trust: Widely trusted, direct, admit mistakes, transparent, role model
· Planning: Excellent skills at scoping, process and a desire to stay on target. Set objectives and goals. Anticipate roadblocks and implement plans to navigate around them. Measure and re-plan
· Drive for Results: Counted on to deliver results. Consistent top performer. Continuous Self improvement
· Emotional Intelligence: Can read situations and adapt accordingly. Interested in other people and what drives them. Aware of own emotions and drivers
· Other important factors: Natural curiosity, willingness to learn, sales process, customer relationships, thrives on prospecting
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Which of the three fields listed do you have the most experience with?
- microbiology, biotechnology or Fermentation: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote